Compiling TPT++ on debian/ubuntu
If you want to see the old guide, or compile for the old c version of tpt with the makefile, see Compiling for Linux
To compile TPT++ you need to do the following:
1) Open your Terminal and type:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libsdl1.2-dev libbz2-dev zlib1g-dev liblua5.1.0-dev fftw3-dev git scons (64 bit systems use lib64bz2-dev, also you might have some of these packages installed, so if you see "X is already newest version" just ignore it)
You MUST have Python installed and working in order for scons to work! (Python 2.7 is recommended)
2) Run git clone git://github.com/FacialTurd/The-Powder-Toy.git
3) Navigate to your folder containing the TPT++ source code (The-Powder-Toy) and type:
scons --lin --release (You need to add --32bit or --64bit depending on if your machine is 32/64 bit)
You can also use --sse3 if your computer is younger than 6 years old.
4) Once scons has finished compiling (it will say "Done building targets" in the terminal), you will need to navigate to the "build/" folder, you can do this by typing cd build/ in the Terminal.
5) Run TPT++ by typing ./powder<tab> and seeing what completion is availiable