Difference between revisions of "Compiling TPT++ on debian/ubuntu"
m (fixed typo)
Revision as of 16:48, 10 December 2012
To compile TPT++ you need to do the following:
1) Open your Terminal and type:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libsdl1.2-dev libbz2-dev zlib1g-dev liblua5.1.0-dev fftw3-dev scons (64 bit systems use lib64bz2-dev, also you might have some of these packages installed, so if you see "X is already newest version" just ignore it)
You MUST have Python installed and working in order for scons to work!
(If you use Debian or Ubuntu you can just paste this in to your browser instead of typing it in the terminal: apt:build-essential,libsdl1.2-dev,libbz2-dev,zlib1g-dev,liblua5.1.0-dev,fftw3-dev,scons)
2) Get the TPT++ source code from Simon's github (I will not cover how to use git in this tutorial, refer to the old compiling tutorial for TPT -- )
3) Navigate to your folder containing the TPT++ source code and type:
scons --lin --release
4) Once scons has finished compiling (it will say "Done building targets" in the terminal), you will need to navigate to the "build/" folder, you can do this by typing cd build/ in the Terminal.
5) Run TPT++ by typing ./powder-legacy
(If you have any problems and you know how to use IRC, you can contact me (Nickname: Ristovski) in the channel #powder, or any people in there.)